Chennai: Linking Aadhaar Card with electricity consumer number has been mandatory by Tamil Nadu government in order to avail subsidy. If the Aadhaar is linked, all domestic consumers will be able to get 100 free units as well. For the ones who wish to avail the subsidy scheme benefits but do not have an Aadhaar Number should apply for enrolment at any near by Aadhaar enrolment centre.Also Read – Diwali 2022: Chennai Police Issues Restrictions On Bursting Crackers. Check Time & Other Details Here
According to a report by Times Of India, a government order date October 6 reads that one must show proof of Aadhaar number to avail the subsidy. Also Read – Karwa Chauth 2022: Check Moon Rise Time In Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad And Other Cities In South India
The order has been passed under the section 7 of the Aadhaar Card Act since the subsidy schemes are implemented from state consolidated fund. Also Read – Viral Video: 3 Chennai College Boys Carry Sharp Weapons to Perform Stunt on Moving Train, Arrested | Watch
WHO SHOULD LINK ADHAAR WIT ELECTRICITY BILL CONSUMER NUMBER?
According to ToI, the following should link their EB number with aadhaar to avail the subsidy:
- HUT consumers availing free supply of electricity
- Pertaining to low and high tension lift irrigation, people availing free supply of electricity for agriculture purpose should link their Aadhaar
- Power loom consumers availing first 750 units free bimonthly and reduction in tariff for above 750 units bimonthly
- Handloom consumers availing first 200 units free bimonthly should also link aadhaar with EB consumer number
- Places of worship that avail reduction in tariff upto 120 units bimonthly must also do the process in order to avail the benefits.