Aligarh/Uttar Pradesh: A woman was killed and nearly 65 people fell ill due to ammonia gas leak from a meat factory in Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday. The incident took place in Al-Dua meat factory that is owned by Haji Zaheer.Also Read – Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Muslim Family in Aligarh Brings Ganpati Home For Seven Days
All the injured have been admitted to JN Medical College. The reasons for the leakage of the gas were being ascertained. Also Read – Adityanath Warns People About UP Becoming Kerala, Kashmir Or WB; Appeals Voters To Vote For 'Crime-Free' State
पुलिस एवं प्रशासनिक अधिकारियों द्वारा राहत कार्य प्रचलित है, उपरोक्त सम्बन्ध में जिलाधिकारी अलीगढ़ की बाइट pic.twitter.com/zMbS7dpRkn
— ALIGARH POLICE (@aligarhpolice) September 29, 2022
Also Read – UP Polls Phase 1: PM Modi Urges Voters To Abide By Covid Guidelines, Says 'Pehle Matdan, Phir Jalpan'
“The factory was immediately evacuated following the gas leak and the situation has returned to normal. The affected people are being treated,” said a police spokesperson.
This is a breaking story. More details are awaited.