Mumbai traffic update: Heavy rainfall lashed Mumbai on Saturday morning as several parts of the city reported waterlogging. Traffic movement in the city was also affected as many areas remain inundated. As Mumbai slept, the skies opened up with heavy cloudburst-like rains, submerging many areas and playing havoc for many office or work-related goers in the weekend. Monsoon rains have picked up pace in the city after a slow start, bringing welcome relief after a long drought. The monsoon season runs from June to September generally and it extends to October at times. The next few days are forecast to be normal or may wetter-than-normal in Mumbai.Also Read – Mumbai Local Train Update: These Routes To Be Affected Due To Mega Block On October 9. Check Details Here
Mumbai Traffic Update
Mumbai Traffic Police, in a series of tweets, issued latest updates on vehicular movement in parts of the city. Vehicular movement in several areas of Mumbai were affected and the traffic congestion was reported due to waterlogging amid heavy rainfall.
- Mumbai Traffic Police, in a series of tweets, issued updates on vehicular movement in parts of the city.
- Mumbai Traffic Police said, “1.05 feet of water logging at At Sardar Hotel (Bhoiwada) has slowed down the traffic.”
- 2.0 feet water logging at Andheri subway. has slowed down the traffic.
- 1.05 feet of water logging at At Sardar Hotel (Bhoiwada). has slowed down the traffic.
- The vehicular movement at the Walkeshwar road near Siri road petrol pump has been slowed down due to waterlogging.
- Due to 0.1 to 1.5 feet of water. vehicular movement is slow at Sakkar Panchayat.
Mumbai local train services update
The suburban services on both Central and Western railways are running normally and the public transport services of Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) have not been diverted anywhere due to waterlogging.